cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the joystick doesn't work with windows 8

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

i have a problem using joystick; when i was using it with windows 7 it works,but when i tried to use it with windows 8,even if it is detected in windows,it doesn't work with any of my VIs(labview 2012).is it a problem related to labview,or there is a solution to solve that.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,801 Views)

I developed a VI using LabVIEW 2012 on a Windows 7 PC that used a Joystick as the primary input device.  I ported it to an Ultrabook running Windows 8.1, on which I installed LabVIEW 2013 SP1.  Code worked just fine.  Same code now runs on both PCs.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,771 Views)

can u show me how did u integrate the joystick in ur VI ,or maybe because i have a tactil screen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,743 Views)

I am traveling and don't have access to my code, but I'll try to post something on Sunday when I return.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,729 Views)

ok thanks a lot,and enjoy your time 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,726 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author achfire

Joystick Sampler.png

I wrote this VI to investigate how to integrate a Joystick into my LabVIEW code (I called the VI "Joystick Sampler").  It has two parts -- the lower function, "Query Input Devices", makes an array of devices, their names and number of Axes, Buttons, and POV "hats", in an array called "Joystick Info".  Look at this first, paying attention to the Array Index that seems to correspond to your Joystick when you plug it into a USB port.

The upper code will sample (one of the) Joystick(s) at the rate of 10 Hz, allowing you to test buttons, axes, etc.  Note that the first "Initialize Joystick" function takes a parameter (default = 0) that corresponds to the Joystick Index you discovered by examining the Joystick Info array (see previous paragraph) -- if your Joystick, for example, seems to be at Index = 4, wire a "4" into the Initialize Joystick function.

BS

Message 6 of 6
(3,689 Views)