LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temp reading location selection

hi
here the problem which i am having for some time without a solution.
this system have T1-T4 are reading from data logger and 6 display locations. the selection buttom is to direct the incoming reading to appropriate location for view as well as for recording the data in to file.
for example: in the first test the user might assign the T1 to display 6, T2 to display 3, T3 to dispaly 1 and T4 to display 5 by given selection button. not selected display will display nothing or zero. on the second test the user might change the reading to different display location.

more pictures:

selection page

Displaying page

quastion: how to program this application without rewairing at every time, please?

if anyone have answer or quastion please reply me back 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,076 Views)

I'm guessing that you clicked on the insert image button and you pointed to images on your local drive. That will not work unless your local drive is a web server. You can click the attachment button if you want to include images that you've saved locally. Better yet would be to just attach the actual VI.

What are these different displays? Charts, graphs, different types of numerics (i.e. thermometer, gauge, etc.)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,062 Views)
HERE THE FILE FOR YOUR VIEW. I CAN CALL YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHAT OVER THE PHONE
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,047 Views)
Siva5577,

sorry, but LV8 says: "Pump.vi is not a valid LabView file" (LV7.1 does not load it either).

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,045 Views)

VERY VERY ODD. THE VI NOT EVEN OPEN IN MY PC. STRANGE

I WILL REPLY YOU ONCE SORTED THIS ISSUE

THANKS

SIVA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,035 Views)

GerdW

Here I have attached the file for your view. This is un-complete VI.

There are 40 thermocouple inputs available from Agilent data logger. But System have about 100 thermocouple so only 40 will be connected in a single time. The user can select the thermocouple position from the drop down menu which is provided. 40 thermocouple readings will be saved in TXT format with headings.

I would like to design this application as: once the thermocouple positions selected by the user,

- the selected name will be used as heading for the thermocouple reading

- on the page 2, the are 2 stages with numeric indicators. The selected name will display the reading on correct position.

Example:- if T2 - 3 selected for thermocouple 1, then the thermocouple 1 reading will be display on page 2 at position T2 - 3.

Is this possible?

Let me know

siva

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,014 Views)
GerdW

Do you have any solution please?

siva

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,993 Views)
Hello siva,

sorry I had no time to program the last days...

But: I think I already suggested a lookup-table design.
First you make an list (on paper!) where you assign a number to each position (like 0 = T1-1, 1 = T1-2, 2= T2-1 and so on). Then you make an enum of this. In the configuration page you let the user select from this enum (for each sensor). So you get for sensor 1 a number like 2 (= T2-1). On display page you make a case selector: if the number for the first sensor is 2 then display the value in indicator on position T2-1 (and so on).

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 8 of 11
(2,982 Views)
GerdW

thanks for the code. it working. in the beginning i dindnt insert FOR LOOP on the WHILE LOOP. that is the reason my code didnt work. now it is working. learning curve. how i can rate for you.

siva

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,968 Views)
Hello siva,

at the right bottom of each message (from other users, not your own, after logging in in the forum) you have some buttons for rating the message. Just gimme 5 stars 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,964 Views)