LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab control event link

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working on a program that requires me to link two different tab controls.  I was trying to implement an event case but I dont know how to get it to link page 1 of control 1 to page 1 of control 2, page 2 of control 1 to page 2 of control 2, etc...  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,709 Views)

Your just looking at the wrong event.  the value of a tab control is which tab is displayed so we only needed to look for Value change events and set the value property of the other tab (with a property node using the value property so it doess not trigger another event )

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,703 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MLH Group TECH

I'd recommend a local variable instead of the value property node.

Of course I don't quite understand why you don't simply use a single tab control that is twice as wide, for example? 😄

What is the idea behind all that extra code?

Also, you could make one tab control the master and turn the other one into an indicator. This way only one can be operated, but the other will always follow if they are wired together and placed in a value changed event. (Hide the tabs on the second one).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,698 Views)

Wouldn't locals cause a Value change event loop?

Message 4 of 7
(3,686 Views)

Thanks, I didnt think of just making the 2nd control an indicator.  That worked like a champ.  The one set of tabs will be used for setting the controls, and the second set of tabs will be used to display graphical information.  problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,684 Views)

Jeff Bohrer escribió:

Wouldn't locals cause a Value change event loop?

No, the only way for trigger a event from the code is using a Property Node and write Value(Signaling) property.

Best Regards,

Luis A. Mata C.
Ing. Electrónico
Whatsapp: +58-414-1985579
BBM Pin: 2B83E99A
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,680 Views)

Always learning.

Don't use locals too muchSmiley Wink

0 Kudos