LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supervisory control with LabVIEW 7.1

I don't have the DSC module, but I do have LabVIEW 7.1 and the PID control toolkit.  I was wondering if there was a way with either of these programs to make an alarm to shut off pumps if a pressure or temperature gets too high.  I want to constantly monitor pressure in the background but do nothing about it until it reaches a certain limit, and then send a signal of 0 to my pump.  Any suggestions? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,937 Views)

The DSC module has alarms but they are only for notification purposes and any control functionality applied would have to be written by you.  You could create a tag associated with the value you wanted to monitor and set a level alarm on that value.  Then monitor that alarm and, if/when it goes off send a signal to the pump.

You might also consider upgrading to LabVIEW 8.2, and the associated DSC module, which would enable you to easily make a server to run in the variable engine (the replacement for 7.1's tag engine.)  This would make the code truly run in the background. 

Regards,
Robert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,929 Views)
Well as you can see he does not have the DSC module. You can do this with labview. You could create a vi that monitors the pressure and compare the pressure to a defined state and set an alarm or whatever. there is a good example of how to do this in the example finder called temperature system demo vi.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 3 of 3
(3,925 Views)