LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Office Calc and Labview.

When I send a number to Open Office Calc the number beyond (to the right off) the decimal place keep getting rounded off to 0.
Anybody know how to fix this?
example 10,000,012.34 gets rounded to 10,000,012.00
I format the numbers to %8.2f before I send them.
This doesn't help. 

Thanks
Rick.
Smiley Mad
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,038 Views)
How are you sending your number?  If in a text file, is the file correct?  How is the OpenCalc cell formatted?  Is the internal number correct but the shown representation wrong?

Please post more details so we can help you out.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,005 Views)
How are you sending your number?  If in a text file, is the file correct?  How is the OpenCalc cell formatted?  Is the internal number correct but the shown representation wrong?

Please post more details so we can help you out.

When the numbers are displayed when the program is running the numbers to the right of the decilmal place are there.

When I open the file the numbers to the right of the decilmal place are .00.

I use a write to spreasheet VI to send write the file.

And I am using labview 7.1.

I cant find where you format the cell in Open Office. I was thinking that was the problem.

I added the program as an attachment if that helps.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,990 Views)
In OpenOffice, Highlight the cells that you want, go up to the Format > Cells and under options select the number of Deciaml places that you want.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,985 Views)
My apologies for the slow reply (I have been at NI-Week all week).  My additional apologies for not seeing the error on your first post.  You have the format listed as %8.2f.  This will give you eight digits of accuracy, putting zeros after that.  However, you want 11 digits.  %11.2f should work.  A safer way to get everything is to use %15g, so exponetials will be used, when necessary, and the entire resolution of the double will be saved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,963 Views)