LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supercool peltier

Has anybody used Labview to interact with/control a Supercool peltier?? If so, where could I get drivers??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,820 Views)
Hello LKN,

As long as the Peltiers are controlled using voltages, a combination of LabVIEW and National Instruments' hardware would do the job. How are the modules controlled?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,783 Views)

Hi there

I am not sure you managed to do what you wanted, but I am facing the same problem here.

I need to drive a Peltier element (Max 5Volts @ 1.25 Ampers) using NI hardware. I found the NI 9505, but it is not available in SCXI platform.

Any idea or suggestion ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,541 Views)

I used a conventional power supply (current control) to control a thermoelectric module (rs-232). It is possible to have more details on your application?

Jean-Marc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,529 Views)

@acanivell

Please do not hijack other threads. I suggest you start your own new thread and stick to that. OK!

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,516 Views)

I have to control the temperature of a sensor using a Peltier element.

This Peltier element heates when you apply positive voltage up to 5V and  cools if you apply negative voltage down to -5V.

In any case, heater or cooler, the maximum consumption of the Peltier is 1.25A. 

I just wanted to use a PID (no PWM) and control the Peltier's drive voltage in a continuous manner.

My problem is finding an output module or accesory or whatever that can drive this Peltier at this current (1.25A).

Álvaro

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,498 Views)

Sorry, I always thought it is better not to start a new thread if there is one thread already open on the same topic.

I just tried to find an active topic, please tell me to which one I should stick

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,489 Views)
The problem with is what you are not controlling this thread. IF we solve your problem it will never be marked as solved. So no it is not better to use a 5 year old thread. I hope you see my point

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,483 Views)