LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suitable modules for VoIP??

Hi,

I am new to VoIP. I would like to know what type of modules is suitable for VoIP with T1/E1/J1 connection. Preferably PXI or cRIO modules.

Regards
Lee
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,557 Views)

Hi Lee,

Can you give me some more information as to what you are trying to do with VoIP? Both PXI and cRIO have ethernet connections but the only difference in the specific modules is the type and number of channels (amongst a few other things). If you could be more specific as to the exact use (routing, data transfer, etc.) of VoIP it would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,535 Views)

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to do a data transfer. What modules do you commend (both PXI and cRIO) and how to program to get the data through VoIP??

Regards
Lee

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,523 Views)

Hi Lee,

First of all I’m not sure why you want to use VoIP. That protocol is specifically designed for audio packets which are not incredibly stable and have a lot of overhead. Check out the Wiki page on it. I would recommend using any other protocol such as TPC/IP or UDP which is much more reliable for data.  

To acquire data you would need a chassis/controller, such as the 9101 for RIO or the 1031 for PXI. Then you would need specific modules to acquire data which completely depends on the application – AI, AO, DIO, resolution, range, number of channels, etc. I would check out our Advisor page to help you select which of those you need. Then you can just use a crossover cable to communicate with your computer (as I mentioned previously: PXI and RIO have ethernet ports).

I, of course, recommend using LabVIEW to acquire, analyze, and present your data. I would suggest opening up the Example Finder within LabVIEW and browse to Hardware Input and Output and taking a look at some of the DAQmx or CompactRIO examples to give you ideas on how to acquire data.

If you still need more help, can you please be even more specific as to why you are using VoIP, what type of data, what software you are using, etc. etc. etc. Thanks!

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,504 Views)