LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

substitute for AI config.vi in DAQmx

Dear all,    

I'm running a VI programed by LV 7.1 and it has AI configure.vi and AI start.vi in it. But LV 15 doesn't have those in it. Can anyone tell me if there is any substitute for those  in DAQmx?

Thanks,

Sushma

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,184 Views)

Hi shashu,

with DAQmx you configure Tasks containing Channels to do your work, so use the "Create Virtual Channel" function.

"Start Task" function will do what it is named for…

Read the basics for DAQmx here!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,161 Views)

Like you, I also started with LabVIEW 7, and had a heck of a time understanding DAQ, with all the specialized and separate VIs for configuring, timing, starting, reading, etc.  When DAQmx came along (LabVIEW 8?), it still took me a year or so until I realized that how seamlessly the new API worked with MAX and LabVIEW Project -- the concept of a TASK that includes (most of) the "messy details" so you need only about 4 DAQmx functions to do everything (Analog Input, Analog Output, Digital Input, Digital Output, etc.) was a real eye-opener.

NI "improved" DAQmx by releasing the DAQ Assistant Express VI and Dynamic Wires a few years later.  Since then, we've been diligent on the Forum pointing people such as yourself to the White Paper mentioned in the previous Reply that tells you how to throw away the DAQ Assistant, abandon Dynamic Wires, and go back to the 3-4 DAQmx Functions, MAX, and LabVIEW Project that make DAQmx such a pleasure.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,148 Views)

Thank you GerdW.

That link helped me alot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,065 Views)