From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subpanel visibility in wrong tab

(LabView 7.1) I have a tab control with subpanels. When the sub-VI associated with a given subpanel is called *and* the tab is not exposed, nevertheless often (not always) the subpanel contents appear on the currently visible tab. Apparently this requires that the control on the sub-VI front panel (e.g. a graph) is not only updated, but also that its properties are manipulated. The enclosed demo shows this behaviour (make sure that the path is correct for loading the sub-VI "Test SubPanel Visibility Sub-VI.vi" in "Test SubPanel Visibility.vi"). Thus, when "Refresh Graph" is activated with subpanel "Page 2" visible and "Modify Graph" false, all is well. If, instead, "Modify Graph" is true (which enables property node modification in the sub-VI), then the graph in the subpanel "Page 1" typically shows through.

Thanks for any help,

Lyle

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,571 Views)

HI Sufhippo,

I seem to remeber that as a bug in LV 7.1. The only thing I can suggest (other than an upgrade to pick-up the bug-fix) is to set the object invisable if the tab page is not being viewed.

Sorry but that is all I can do to help, Smiley Sad

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(2,559 Views)

Ok - This solution helps (though kludgy). Thanks for verifying that this is a bug!

Lyle

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,534 Views)

> I seem to remeber that as a bug in LV 7.1. The only thing I can suggest (other than an upgrade to pick-up the bug-fix)

What version was it fixed in or what is the bug ID?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,368 Views)