From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subpanel problem when running an application

I have a vi that contains a subpanel that can run one of two vi's.  When I run this in the LabVIEW environment everything works fine but when I compile it and run it the vi in the subpanel dos not execute.  Any ideas on why this would occur?

Using LabVIEW 2010.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,155 Views)

Have you remembered to include the front panels of your subVIs in the build?

When you're getting ready to build the application, go to the "Source Files" screen.  Highlight the misbehaving subVI(s).  Make sure that you have unchecked "use default settings", and make sure that the front panels of those subVIs are included.

If you've done that already, we'll probably need more information in order to help you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,152 Views)

I think the first thing to check is whether you included the subVIs in the build. Since they are called dynamically, you need to specifically add them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,148 Views)

An excellent point, if the subVIs are indeed called dynamically.  The OP could be calling them statically, though.  Without code, it's impossible to know for certain.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,141 Views)

Thanks to everyone for the help.  I got the vi's running properly in the subpanel now.  I did as suggested and unchecked the use default settings and the app runs properly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,121 Views)