From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string to boolean array

All i need to do is transform a string to boolean array.  if there is a character in the string location then a true will occur in the boolean array.

example

_ _ 1 0 1 _ _  string array

F F T T T F F  output boolean

i tried to do a string to numeric conversion and then a number to boolean array conversion but was having problems.  thank you, attached is what i tried
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,800 Views)

Is this what you're looking for?

-D

Message Edited by Darren on 08-21-2006 12:15 PM

Message 2 of 4
(5,794 Views)
Thats exactly it.  thank you
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,788 Views)

@lfoitek wrote:
All i need to do is transform a string to boolean array.  if there is a character in the string location then a true will occur in the boolean array.

Well, your example input is an array of strings, not a string. Here each array element could be an empty string or the collected works of shakespeare. 😉

Darren's solution will give you a TRUE, if an array element contains at least one character. Here's an alternative that does the same in fewer steps.

For a complete solution, we would also need to know your definition of character. Any ASCII code, including non-printable characters? Only letters A-z? Only single digit numbers?

Message Edited by altenbach on 08-21-2006 10:37 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,779 Views)