LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW freezing

LabVIEW 8.0 is freezing up upon the initial startup and I am unable to use the software at all.  This had never happened before the first occurance on Friday.  These are the steps I have taken before posting this:

Uninstalled-reinstalled with no change. 

Checked MAX and tested channels.  Hardware is working properly.

Full system virus scan.

Disk cleanup to remove any unnecessary internet files.

I am in the middle of an Undergraduate research project that necessitates LabVIEW run properly.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dylan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,450 Views)
You could try to install the (free) upgrade/patch LV8.0.1. It fixes a lot of problems with 8.0, but I'm not sure your problem is one of them.

Regards,

Wiebe.

"DEF" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1156173009154-406538@exchange.ni.com...
LabVIEW 8.0 is freezing up upon the initial startup and I am unable to use the software at all.&nbsp; This had never happened before the first occurance on Friday.&nbsp; These are the steps I have taken before posting this:

&nbsp;

Uninstalled-reinstalled with no change.&nbsp;

Checked MAX and tested channels.&nbsp; Hardware is working properly.

Full system virus scan.

Disk cleanup to remove any unnecessary internet files.

&nbsp;

I am in the middle of an Undergraduate research project that necessitates LabVIEW run properly.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any suggestions will be appreciated.

&nbsp;

Thanks,

&nbsp;

Dylan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,440 Views)

Are you trying to (1) start LabVIEW first or are you (2) double-clicking a VI to start LabVIEW?

In case of (2), maybe the VI is corrupt.

In case of (1), there are a few things to try.

1. Wait longer! Could it be that you installed another program that uses licenses? Are certain resources located on a network location?
  2. Is there anything unusual in the LabVIEW.ini file? Maybe clean it up manually.
Message 3 of 4
(2,436 Views)

Delete the Labview.ini file in the 8.0 folder and then restart labview. This has happened to others and it cured the problem. hope it helps with yours.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,419 Views)