LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storing data after certain threshold

Hey Shinjinta,

Its a pleasure. Let me know if that VI satisfies what you wanted to do, and if you have any other further questions regarding this particular problem feel free to ask.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 48
(875 Views)

Why don't you take the free online tutorials before trying to code any further.  It is obvious that you are in desparate need of these.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 48
(860 Views)

Hello

Can you tell me how to do the fft analysis of my program by automatic triggering by the user, that is when the data gets written in the file then the fft analysis will start when the user wants it to

or

**Can you please tell me a way by which I can copy the data from my file to the fft analysis file , of the fft program which I had sent earlier in my post(the big block diagram) and configure the program in such a way so that the fft analysis starts after a time delay set by the user.

Please help me, I really dont have much time.

Sincerely

Shinjita

**imprtant

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 48
(821 Views)

You started this thread over a week ago.  All you have done was to beg people to do your work for you.  If you had taken the free online tutorials, you would know how to code in Labview by now, and your project would be completed.  You are asking very simple and fundamental questions.  One day of studying would answer most of your questions.  What would you rather?  Study for one day, write the code in 2 or 3 days.  Or beg for 2 weeks to have others write your code for you?

Study the While Loop and Case Structure.  Two of the most fundamental Labview functions.  Those two will help you to write code to allow the user to press a button when he wants the start the fft analysis.  For fft, there are functions in the Signal Processing - Transforms palette to do FFT.

19683i07655909DAE8A290

This is the last time that I will help until I see that you are making an effort to learn Labview on your own.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 48
(801 Views)

Hello

I have the doubt that the FFT code is already present, isn't there any way to call the function, but also the function reads data from another file, so I need to somehow connect the data I read and then connect it to the FFT analysis file and the analysis should start after the user triggers it.

Regards

Shinjita

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48
(793 Views)

shinjita,

the folks in this forum spend alot of time helping people who are struggling with LabVIEW.  They get annoyed by people who rather than struggle and ask for help, just ask for them to do your work for you.  As tbob told you, LV ships with an FFT function (see attachment).  If using the FFT function you already have is a requirement of the assignment, just say so.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 48
(785 Views)

Hello

Yes I need to use the FFT that is present in my assignment, sorry if I wasn't clear before.

Regards

Shinjita

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 48
(778 Views)

Since you have not posted the fft VI or any of it's subVIs, pretty hard to help. You will have to determine the expected file format that the fft VI expects and then write a VI that writes data in that format. Using the Write to Measurement file is just wrong unless you want to get rid of that fft routine and use one of the fft routines that come with LabVIEW. Worry about creating the file write before doing anything else.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 48
(771 Views)

In what format is your FFT function?  Is it a .dll?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 48
(768 Views)

It's the second image here.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 48
(758 Views)