LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storing data after certain threshold

You just don't understand. You DO need a Boolean if you want to store it after the threshold is reached. When the threshold is reached, the comparison would be True and you would then pass the data (not the Boolean), to your file save functions. That is why tbob said to place the file save function inside a Case Statement. There is absolutely nothing that says if you wire the data to a comparison function you cannot also wire the data to something else.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 48
(989 Views)

In the following example, I compare the data to see if it is greater than or equal to 0.5.  If it is, I subtract 1 from the value.  This is how it is done.  You can put whatever code you want to inside the True case and inside the False case.

19215i24E86351C56004D3

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 48
(984 Views)

hi...yes understood..i didn't know about case structure...so couldnt figure out the solution...thank you

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 48
(974 Views)

ok..but suppose i need to do two comparisons like to compare if the value is between the range..how to do that since in case structure i cant put the comparison value again for comparison...

Regards

Shinjita

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 48
(967 Views)

ok ok...i did both comparison i was doin one mistake so wasnt getting it

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 48
(964 Views)

So is your issue now resolved?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 48
(947 Views)

yup thanks...now the next thing is to mnake a connector pane to call a subroutine..lets hope the program works

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 48
(944 Views)

If you didn't know about the case structure, then you need to take some tutorials.

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Thank you for stopping the text message abbreviations. If "ne" is supposed to mean "any", that has to be among one of the worst abbreviations I've seen used on the forums.  You've deleted 1 letter and changed it into something that looks nothing like the original word.

Next step to learn is how to write a sentence.  Sentences end with a single period followed by a pair of spaces.  Not a series of periods.  And when the new sentence starts, it begins with a capital letter.  Otherwise what you type looks like a long runon sentence with a series of pauses that looks like you got lost in thought and are just posting a series of broken ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 48
(936 Views)

Hello

Sorry about using short forms, was just out of habit, didn't realise. Sorry also to have written in such an informal way since I didn't know that it was a kind of formal discussion.

Can you please look at my program and tell me how to put the connector pane at the output of hte read from measurement file so that I can call the FFT subroutine? Because that control in the front panel for the connector pane isn't getting activated.Your help would be very useful.

Regards

Shinjita 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 48
(931 Views)

Nothing in that VI or you question makes any sense. You've got the comparison functions wired to a task - not data. I simply don't understand about connector pane, control or fft sine you don't show any of those.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 48
(922 Views)