Did you mean: 

stepping

Solved!
Go to solution

I don't understand what you mean with:

"Then use a producer/consumer design as shown in the examples."

(688 Views)

Hello,

Sorry to butt in, but perhaps a guessed rephasing of the OP's requirements, as we STILL are unsure as to what is actually wanted.

Send the string "13.5" to a serial output using VISA

Wait 5 seconds

Send the string "17" to a serial output using VISA

Wait 6 seconds

Wait 5 seconds

Is this correct?

What do you want it to do next?

You say that this output is to be sent to a programmable power supply. Does the power supply need JUST the number? Or does it need a "set volts" command. Do you finish after sending the number or do you need to add a terminator or carriage return to let the power supply know that you want 13.5 volts, not 13.56 (and it's waiting for the 6)?

Rod.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 44
(687 Views)

@Rod wrote:

Hello,

Sorry to butt in, but perhaps a guessed rephasing of the OP's requirements, as we STILL are unsure as to what is actually wanted.

Wait 5 seconds

Send the string "17" to a serial output using VISA

Wait 6 seconds

Wait 5 seconds

Is this correct?

That's precisely what's shown in the VI posted in reply 23, and apparently that's not what he wants.

At this point, unless the OP CLEARLY explains what he wants, this guessing game will continue for another 3 pages, and frankly, I have better things to do.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 44
(677 Views)

Well I have everything worked fine, all commands all read/write VISA...THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THIS !!!

But as I said 10x times before, example from Dennis_Knutson(at end of page 2) is exactly what I need, just value(in his example visa) must be outside of for loop. I need this because of other things in my whole schematic..

(676 Views)
You don't have a schematic.

I told you how to pass a value from one loop to another.

Unless you post your actual VI, I can't help.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 44
(661 Views)

Well I don't know what you mean with "producer/consumer design" ?? I just simply need value outside for loop, this is everthing what I need.

(657 Views)

You can't have the VISA send outside the loop if you want the time delays to work.  The loop is what creates the timing. 

In Dennis' example the actual "values" are already outside the loop.  They are in the string array that goes INTO the loop.

If you really need more help on this project please explain your ENTIRE APPLICATION properly.  Use your native language if you can't translate it to english.

Sorry to say this but many of your posts seem to be asking for VERY simple things that you should already know if you just studied some LabVIEW.  Take some tutorials!Smiley Frustrated

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 44
(649 Views)

@hlod wrote:

Well I don't know what you mean with "producer/consumer design" ?? I just simply need value outside for loop, this is everthing what I need.

Have you ever tried Help>LabVIEW Help?

While you are at it, look up notifiers. That is another way you could have your VISA Write in another loop. Note that your posted example with the indicator outside the for loop I posted is clearly not possible.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 44
(645 Views)

"

You can't have the VISA send outside the loop if you want the time delays to work.  The loop is what creates the timing. 

In Dennis' example the actual "values" are already outside the loop.  They are in the string array that goes INTO the loop."

."

I know that, so for these reason I ask question, how can make what I want and all of you suggest me "for loop". Now is problem because I need this changing value outside of loop.

I hope that with this picture will be all CLEARED what I wnat to do:

Untitled.png

"Number to fractional string" must be here because of first and second case....

(643 Views)

As I already said, you can't. Your request is silly.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 44
(639 Views)