cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step size of fill slide or numeric control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I am working on to create a step size control of fill slide or numeric control. What I have learned on the youtube is that I can set the maximum and minimum values of the control, but it only increases 1 each time. What if I want it to increase by 0.5 or 0.6 or 0.1..... The graph shows what I mentioned above. Basically, my question is that how could I create a control to set the step size of numeric control? Thx!捕获1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,690 Views)

Did you look at the other property nodes available for the control?  The increment value is literally right next to the Max and Min limits.  It seems you would benefit from the free tutorials available on the front page of the LabVIEW forums.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlEXINUK

Property node of the numeric control.

Example_VI_BD

Message 3 of 7
(2,682 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

Thx for your reply, I appreciate it.

May I ask you one more question? What I'd like to accomplish is to create a loop that allows me to start from the initial value(the value I set in the property node) to the maximum value and redo it again(redo condition is controlled by another interface which has the parameter and allows me to set the min and max value as well, let's call it D). Which means, the program can set E.L. to 0.1 when D starts to count from like 20%-70%. After parameter D hits to 70%, the E.L. automatically goes to 0.15 while the parameter D increase from 20%-70% again... 

Have no idea how to achieve this- -

Apologise if you can't fully understand what I mentioned above. Here I attached one picture, hope it can provide some helpful information for you.

0190710153753.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,660 Views)

So now you aren't talking about the increment settings of a control, but you you want to programmatically create a series of values?

Basically you'd use loops and shift registers.  Considering your list is pretty short, I'd just create an array constant and type them in!  A For Loop inside a For Loop where the outer one provides the "E.L" value and the inner one provides the "D" value.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,651 Views)

Yes, you are correct. The picture you post helps me to solve the problem so that allows me to move on to the next question which is 'programmatically create a series of values'.

Do you mind if you can go more detail please?  Confusing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,646 Views)

Arrays and For Loops are basic LabVIEW skills.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

Example_VI_BD

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,642 Views)