LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status byte times out

I am using LabView 5.1 and writing programs that control teh Kinetic Systems 3988 CAMAC Crate Controller. I use the KS3988 VIs that can be found on the NI web site.

The one problem that I keep having is that I am unable to get a status byte to return without getting this error in my error out indicator:

"Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in KS3988 Status Register Read.vi->Untitled.vi."

If you actually watch what the Status Register Read VI does, you can see that it does return the boolean values of the status byte, however, it doesn't show them on screen due to the time out.

Thanks.

-Kazem
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,089 Views)
I just figured out the problem.

Not all CAMAC crates have the +/- 12 V pin assignment. The status byte, among other things, uses an auxilary -6 V which is supplied by the -12 V pin. The -6 V can be found at pin Y1, or the fourth pin up on the left side of the GPIB slots.

The crate that I have does NOT have 12 V pins. Therefore, the status byte, and things like the Lecroy 2373 Memory Lookup unit DO NOT work.

Being the hack that I am, I wired -6 V of power into my crate, and now everything works. It looks a little dangerous, but it works.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,089 Views)