LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statistics

I have a NI cDAQ that couldn't read a counter signal and analogic signals at the same type

So my problem is i need adquire 1 counter signal and severeal analogic signals ( current and voltage) and make statistics of 300 measures with the frequency of 10hz (0.1seconds), i can not wait 30sec to read this 2 different signal i use to diferents cdaq assistant but i don't know how i may do the conections with de statistics

lab.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,509 Views)

Hi Imrmendes,

but i don't know how i may do the conections with de statistics

You have to draw wires from the data output of the DAQ assistent to the Signals input of the Statistics ExpressVI...

Quite easy 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,506 Views)

Sorry my ignorance

but if i connect i don't obtain the result i want i don't want the mean of 1 value

my problem is between the wires that's why don't appear nothing,

i don't know if i use a cycle, as well as with that setting to get that the 10Hz frequency, and that i can after this cycle calculate the mean of that 300 samples

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,502 Views)

Hi lmrmendes,

when you don't know all these things you definitely should start with some LabVIEW101 as provided here or here or here.

When you have gone through all that lessons you should open the example finder found in the help menu of LabVIEW to look for suitable example VIs.

Then you should know how to

- setup ExpressVIs

- use a loop for repeated processes

- avoid ExpressVIs for better programs...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,495 Views)

i had try this 3 way's

t1.png

in this way my result is 1

and the next 2 way's the 1st doesn't work and the 2sd never stop

t2.pngt3.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,475 Views)

@lmrmendes wrote:

So my problem is i need adquire 1 counter signal and severeal analogic signals ( current and voltage) and make statistics of 300 measures with the frequency of 10hz (0.1seconds), i can not wait 30sec to read this 2 different signal i use to diferents cdaq assistant but i don't know how i may do the conections with de statistics

Why can't you wait the 30 seconds for your data?  If you don't have your data, you can't do your analysis.

Why are you passing the array size into your anlaysis VI?  That isn't useful for you.  You need to pass the actual signal out.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,459 Views)

Take a look at the tutorials GerdW recommended.  They should help you out.  In all three cases you are only going to get a the last value out of the loop.  I know this by looking at the tunnel coming out of the loop (the little square solid box your wire is attached to).  If you want to get all your samples you will need to build it into an array.  There are lots of ways to do this but the easiest is to enable auto indexing.  This will create an array of all the values out of the loop.  You can do this by right clicking the tunnel and selecting "enable indexing".  It will change the way it looks as well.  In the image below the top tunnel has auto indexing enabled and the bottom does not so you can see the difference.

blah.png

That being said I don't know that you actually need to use a loop.  If you know how many samples you need to take (and it sounds like you do) you can simply set the DAQ Assistant to acquire N samples.  When this is done it will just take N number of samples and then stop and output the data.  You can wire this to the Statistics VI. 

When you use express VIs you can not see what they are doing.  This is one of many reasons they are not frequently used by the more experienced LabVIEW programmers.  For that reason it is pretty difficult for us to know what else you might be doing incorrectly.  If you need more help we will need more detailed explanation of what you are doing and what you want to do.  You can even post your code if you would like.

Good Luck!

Lukin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,456 Views)

the ideal was adquire the signal at the same time that's why i cann't adquire 30 sec and then adquire another signal

at the momento 1 of my problems is resolve in the frequency i can take the mean of a interval by this way

t4.png

at my second daq assistant i have 7 signals i need to make the same that i had done on the frist and make a timed loop that runs in 10hz but with this configuration is still running one cycle per second

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,455 Views)

Lukin my cdaq doesn't accept i adquire this different signals at the same time

i need to adquire frequency in  a counter channel and 6 current signal and 1 voltage

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,452 Views)