LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read high count rate analog inputs

Hi, I'm new to LabView. I'm trying to read an analog signal by using DAQ assistant. I would like to read 50 data points with the 500kHz sample rate once the digital trigger is on. It works ok for the low count rate input, but it doesn't work for the high count rate input (>100 counts/s) and it only reads ~30 counts/s. Could you kindly let me know how I can modify my code? Thank you for your time and help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,251 Views)

What hardware are you using? Also, what type of signal are you acquiring (analog or digital), and what type of measurements are you performing.  If your acquisition is software-timed, you will not be able to reach 500kHz.  You can only get millisecond timing in software if your computer is not running any other programs while you are taking measurements.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,190 Views)

Hello Eric-J,

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to measure the peak of the analog voltage input (0-10V) with USB-6251BNC. The peak of the input signal is stretched to ~30us wide beforehand with a NIM module and the digital trigger is also generated with a NIM module. I would like to read 50 data points with the 500kHz sample rate as soon as the digital trigger (PFI0) is on to obtain the peak value. Is this a software-timed acquisition? (I guess the while-loop is limiting the sample rate?) Could you advise how I can improve it? Thank you for your time and help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,174 Views)