From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql query across multiple tables ina database

I have 3 MS Access tables in database that are linked by keyed fields in the table.  Is there a way to fetch only certain records that match a criteria across all three of these tables using the database connectivity toolset VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,847 Views)
Yes. Search for the use of joins in SQL query. Also, Access has a query wizard that can then display the SQL syntax. I haven't used Access on years, though and I don't remember which menu option that is.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,841 Views)

Thanks.  I am trying to mechanize/run an SQL query like this 

SELECT Code_Type.Code_NUM, Code_Type.Code_Word, Word_Type.Parm_Label, Word_Type.Word_Sequence, Word_Type.Num_Words, Parameter_Label.Parm_Label, Parameter_Label.Parm_Name, Parameter_Label.Num_Bits, Parameter_Label.Num_Bits
FROM (Code_Type INNER JOIN Word_Type ON Code_Type.Code_Word = Word_Type.Code_Word) INNER JOIN Parameter_Label ON Word_Type.Parm_Label = Parameter_Label.Parm_Label;

while using the VIs in the database connectivity toolset.  How do I code this using these VIs?  I dont see an example of a straight SQL string like this being able to be put into the VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,816 Views)
It's been a long time since I used the toolkit and I don't have it installed but I know one of the functions is for a direct SQL query. The top level functions hide that but you just have to dig a little deeper on the palette. The context help window is your friend here.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,812 Views)

Thanks, I got the SQL query to execute but how do I see all the results in a table?  All I can get is a recordset ref returned where I have to navigate one record at a time....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,799 Views)