LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql error when time stamp is entered

hai good morning,

im writing a programme to save date to SQL express. i had a connectivity problem but manage to get the solution. My prob is when i save a random number i dont have any poblem but i need to save it according to time. when i entered the time stamp in string an error occured. i have attached picture of my block diagram and error massage . looking forward for sum help. thanks

regards,

shamaranSmiley Wink

block diagram.JPGblock diagram.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,619 Views)
Have you checked C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\manuals\DCT_User_Manual.pdf (it probably in other LabVIEW folder, depend on your version)?
It has a discussion on using DB Tools Format Datetime Str.vi to write a date/time format as shown in its page 6-4.
Please give it a try.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,589 Views)

Your sql query in the code is wrong.

The format for date-time is

%d/%d/%d 0:0:1

Eg: 10/28/2009 12:23:10

Date format is in (MM/DD/YYYY)

Time format is in HH:MM:SS

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,577 Views)
Replace - with /
-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,574 Views)

hai guys,

thanks for all the kind reply. after few testing i found out the output from the variant is not in the same order as i wired to the  bundle by name.

even the array shows in the same arrangment as in my sql. i rewired the whole thing again and it turn to be ok.

Do place a indicator on variant output . i saw a lot of problem do occur when we change data to variant type

have a nice day guys

regards,

shamaranSmiley Wink 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,539 Views)