From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spreadsheet string to array not converting

Solved!
Go to solution

I have modified the Continuous Serial Read Write Example to read in csv string from a serial port and parse the data out in an array.  It is working for the 10DOF array, but it is not working for the GPS array.

I have attached a picture of a screenshot that shows the string coming from the Serial port.  The H,L is the GPS data and the H,F is the 10DOF data.   Both strings appear to follow the right rules so I am not sure why one would be working and not the other.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,377 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TatankaWilly

How do you know it is not working?  Nothing about your screenshot indicates that it is not working.

You either have an F or an L.  If F, the 10DOF array gets populated, the GPS array gets an empty array based on the Use Default if unwired settings on your tunnels.

If L, then GPS array gets populated and 10DOF gets an empty array.

Message 2 of 3
(2,372 Views)

Some days you're the dog, some days your the fire hydrant.  Yep, moved the arrays into the loop that was parsing the data, and now works like a charm.  

Thanks for the head slap

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,356 Views)