From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting Digital inputs daq assistant

Hey hey

Okay first of all i want to read in multiple digital signals and see if they are true or false of my NI6212. I did this with the Readmx block and then i did read them individualy but somehow this is giving me problems with one line. This line keeps flickering when the line is true so it gives me true/false values with the Readmx block. So what i did next is use the DAQ assistant and read these ports in and just put them on a 1-D array indicator this seems to have solved the problem i finaly had a real true en false value without flickering (see test 1 program). So what i wanna do next is read them in with the DAQ assistant and split them up but somehow i cant split them up (see test 2 program). Does any 1 here know how or what i can do?

Greetings

Thomas

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,264 Views)

@baloeto wrote:

Hey hey

Okay first of all i want to read in multiple digital signals and see if they are true or false of my NI6212. I did this with the Readmx block and then i did read them individualy but somehow this is giving me problems with one line. This line keeps flickering when the line is true so it gives me true/false values with the Readmx block. So what i did next is use the DAQ assistant and read these ports in and just put them on a 1-D array indicator this seems to have solved the problem i finaly had a real true en false value without flickering (see test 1 program). So what i wanna do next is read them in with the DAQ assistant and split them up but somehow i cant split them up (see test 2 program). Does any 1 here know how or what i can do?

Greetings

Thomas

It concerns me that the Read DAQmx didn't quite work for you.  I have a feeling you didn't setup the ports beforehand and the line kept changing states with each read.

As far as what you have now, all you need is to index the Boolean array (Array Index).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)

Hey thanks man for the fast reply. I'm gonna try it. But somehow the flickering is gone and the Read DAQmx works now. What did u mean setting the port beforehand? I fixed the port at the Read DAQmx i added it as a constant.(see test 3). But now i still don't know what caused my input line boolean to flicker. I measured with a scope on my input port that time but didn't see the flickering there.

But thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,225 Views)