LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split 2D Array by row

Has anyone ever split a 2D array by row, similar to split 1D array but for 2D?

What i mean is when you enter a given row number, it will split the array at that row.

Thanks-N-Advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,799 Views)

Hi Fred,

Here's how I would do it...just a little trickery with Array Size and Delete from Array.  I'd be interested to see what approaches other people would take.  I'm thinking you could also do it with a couple of Array Subsets, but there might be more memory overhead with that approach...I'm not entirely sure...

-D

Message Edited by Darren on 03-15-200608:26 PM

Message 2 of 5
(3,797 Views)
Darren, you can do the exact same thing with no code other than Delete From Array simply by wiring 0 into the index input and the split index into the length input. The only difference is that the outputs would be reversed.

This is how I would use array subsets.  Like Darren, I worry that it would not be very memory efficient for larger arrays.  Looking at the code, both you and I know that half the array is going to one subset and half is going to the other.  But I don't know if LabView knows that.  I suspect it makes a copy of the entire array on the off chance that the subarrays overlap.  Whereas the delete from array explicitly has two parts: the part that was deleted, and the part that wasn't.

Message Edited by jasonhill on 03-16-200608:26 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,767 Views)

Good call, tst...when I first read the problem, I thought it could be done with just a single Delete From Array, but I didn't think long enough about it, and went with the first thing that came to me.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,751 Views)