LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spi

Solved!
Go to solution

can somebody help on how to create an SPI protocol block diagram in which it communicate from labview to FPGA??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,348 Views)

Can you give us more details about the hardware side? (from what and to what kind of equipment you send the data?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,331 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author angelgabrelorias
Message 3 of 11
(3,312 Views)

tnx a lot

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,274 Views)

i will send data from labview to fpga..is it possible using spi protocol made in labview??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,256 Views)

Start here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7A82E998C9225188862575BE0011C369

If you do not have sufficient hardware, you may want to consider the USB-8451.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,249 Views)

ahhm sir actually i am working with image compression with algorithm from the fpga...i want to transfer the data from fpga to labview can you help me on how can i transfer data through spi in labview? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,225 Views)

The links in the previous post provide code for using NI digital devices to read and write over an SPI bus. What exactly are you trying to do? What hardware do you have to connect the computer to the SPI bus? LabVIEW alone isn't enough, you also need the hardware. If you don't have any, the 8451 mentioned above might be a good choice.

Is the FPGA already designed and working? Do you have a definition of the format used to transfer data from the FPGA to another SPI device?

EDIT: sorry the links provided focus more on writing to the bus than reading. If you search a bit you should find suggestions on how to handle reading from the SPI bus, but you will need to write a parsing routine for the digital waveform. If you can get to the point where you can read but not interpret the waveform, and you provide a detailed description of how the waveform should be interpreted, then you could post looking for help with that specifically.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,208 Views)

Also, this thread has sample code for software-timed SPI communication http://forums.ni.com/t5/Digital-I-O/Implementing-I2C-or-SPI-with-Pxi6508-in-Labview/td-p/554383

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,199 Views)

ahhm sir what ports in the fpga is the spi based in labview will pass??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,162 Views)