cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed control of video in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I want to build an application where I want to play a video in LabVIEW  want to control its speed.

For Eg: When I increase the speed the video should move faster,wheras if I decrease the speed the video should be slow down.I am able to do that....when I decrease the speed to much lower value(Less than 10 rpm lets say) the video is not able to run properly...Jerks appears in the video...

Can any1 tell me how to avoid this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,658 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_user1

hey...i found the solution...used the rate property of WMP

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,589 Views)

Hi,

i'm interesting in your VI. I'm trying to increase speed in my video but

I have same problem...can you explain me how do you do it?...If my video has frame rate of 25frame per second

this is this the speed limit or I can increase it?

really thank

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,434 Views)

Hi G in National,

Open your video in windows media player (not through LabVIEW). Check if you can Fast FWD or Fast REVS it.

If you can do it in WMP, then you will be able to so it through LabVIEW.

I had faced same problem many times, so figured out way to check which video can be controlled.

Try video with .wmp format.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,428 Views)

Actually if I open my file in WMP there isn't the possibility to increase or decrease speed.....but  even if it was possible

my problem is I need to sincronise video with electroencephalographic signal so when i increase speed in the video i need to improve the speed

of eeg signal and using .NET & ActiveX tool to import the video its not possible to sincronise data withh video

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,424 Views)

As I told you, if you are not able to vary speed of video in WMP, you can not do it using LabVIEW.

Because LabVIEW is calling WMP, and controlling it.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,422 Views)

What a pity......

however....thank you for helping

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,419 Views)

You may want to look into DIAdem - NI's product for data management and interactive review. It has the capability of reviewing huge data sets (like multi-channel long-term EEG data) in coordination with synchronized video.  This was first developed for applications like crash testing, but it is finding use in a variety of applications that need coordinated DAQ and video.  I'm not sure that it has the ability to smoothly speed up the review, but it's probably worth exploring.

By the way - check out our NI Biomedical User Community - lots of resources for LabVIEW users in the biosciences.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,415 Views)

Hi all,

i am also facing the video speed control. and we r using .avi file for video control. plz tell me solution for video speed control using .avi and without jerks. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,310 Views)