From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source code

I have an application that was made for me in labview. I have paid for it and the program works well, I need to know if I should be recieving source code with the program so that I can alter it in the future.

thanks john

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,562 Views)

hi

that should be decided in the contract you made with the provider.

N

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,558 Views)

thats what Im doing. do I need source code or is the program built so that it can be manipulated from the end users code?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,552 Views)

As Nitad said, that is determined by you and the provider you contracted.

Contact them.  We can't answer that question.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,533 Views)

Once the executable is built, you can NOT extract the source code from anymore.  So if you do want to modify the program at some point, you WILL need the source code.  So YES indeed, you have to agree with your software supplier that source code becomes your property @ delivery and acceptance.

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,524 Views)

@john19 wrote:

thats what Im doing. do I need source code or is the program built so that it can be manipulated from the end users code?

That depends on what you mean by manipulated. Like any .exe build in C, C# or LV it can support alot of modifications and ini-files and the like if built around it. If you want to change how the program works in the core you'll need the source code. That's the same for all programming languages.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,515 Views)