From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solartron 1250 driver

Solved!
Go to solution

hello sir

I already send a request for the solartron 1250 driver dll for the Labview software.You didn' t gave any reply.in this instrument they provided GPIB.but it is not responding with the command fom the PC

can you find or make new driver /details or just give details for "how can we repair/making the drivrer"

"Thanks with regards "
by
..........Gireesh..........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,635 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gireesh

If you did a Request a Driver, NI develops drivers based on demand. If the 1250 is like the the Solartron instruments that do have a driver, then it's really old and if a driver has not been developed in the last 10 years, it's not likely NI will develop one now.

You have a couple of options. You should first ask Solartron if they have anything. You can develop a driver yourself. At the Instrument Driver Network main page, are links that explain what a driver is and how to develop one. You can use the Instrument I/O Assistant. You can hire someone to develop the driver for you.

If you need help in debugging the code you have written, you will need to provide some more details - such as the commands being sent, error codes reported, etc.

Message 2 of 18
(4,631 Views)

hello

Finally I success to communicating with FRA 1250A. I used for this is Visa write palette.In the manual they already given the command of each menu or each keys in the front panel.  Command format is "%.;FR\s%d\n".

This is applicable for any machine with talkonly mode. for getting the result, use Visa read and scan string palettes.

there is no need of drivers. 

thank you 

Message Edited by gireesh on 02-26-2010 09:43 AM
"Thanks with regards "
by
Message 3 of 18
(4,391 Views)

Thanks for taking time in marking the solution even after 2 years. This will definitely help somebody in future.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,381 Views)

Last two I fully engaged in mux cards and relay cards. i cannot concentrate in FRA. But now I can tell about the instruments which are not communicating-software and hardware

And also i studied this Labview by self only. that is why taking so much of time.

thank you 

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,363 Views)

hello Dennis

My visa read is not working. Now I cannot get the FRA (solartron 1250) sweep data.It is showing Timed out. And also

how to save this serial data. Earlier I used Open palette and write palette. But now it is a serial data, so this data

did not going to the file(text file). May be it is due to the issue of VISA read only.

please help me. Today I already posted one message of same issue. i need it very urgently. bcos this project is of

3/4 th stage.  

thank u 

Message Edited by gireesh on 03-02-2010 08:39 AM
"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,348 Views)

If your application was working before but now has suddenly stopped working then it is generally because the connection was lost.

Can you please check whether the cable connecting your system and FRA is properly connected.

Once you get your data in string format, you can save it using write to text file function. It is the simplest and most straightforward way of saving text data.

You will find relevant examples regarding the same in the Example finder.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ujjval

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,307 Views)

Thank u for responding

Actually I solved the problem with "Clear error message" palette. It will clear the errors(still error is there).

Visa read has one timeout setting, by default it is to be set as 2000ms. Even this also showing timeout error. I tried with

grater ms like 10000ms, 20000ms. But there is no change. Finally I tried clear error message palette.  

I finished my project with FRA. Now In my lab all are using this one (others also asking!!!!!). I had Display of Freq,

magnitude, and Phase And also  I made a plotter of 3 axis(X,Y and a secondary axis). It can be used as online and offline

Online means at time of sweeping this will save the data in "*.txt "format and also will plot 

Offline means from the saved data it will plot automatically. 

Thank you 

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,283 Views)

hi

can you post your driver to this forum ? Solartron appears quite often in impedance analyzer questions.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,275 Views)

Hello

I made for my purpose only. You can change the codes(from the manual) as per your project. or else you can write a in

format string palette command format is" %.;FR\s%f\n".same format can use for others like amplitude is" %.;AM\s%f\n"

etc etc 

Control.PNGDisplay.PNGBreak.PNGFront panel.PNG

Thank you 

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,256 Views)