Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snippet + "allow debugging"

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

LV2013

When i use "create snippet from selection", why this snippet does not keep the original value of  "vi properties / allow debugging" ?

If the original VI has "allow debbuging" OFF ... the snippet changes the value of "allow debbugging" to ON.  Why ?

Is this a small bug ?

(Sorry for my bad english, i do my best.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,661 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ouadji

What is the property of the VI you are dropping the snippet into BEFORE you drop the snippet into it?

A snippet is a portion of code, it isn't a VI in itself, so I wouldn't expect it to carry along VI properties.

Message 2 of 5
(2,650 Views)

I'd say not a bug, but rather it is an ill-defined operation.

Whereas a snippet does use a VI to transport code from one BD to another, the fundamental operation is to move the code itself, not any underlying settings from one VI to another.  I do not expect copy and paste of code from one VI to another to change any settings of either VI, and snippets are just adding a more persistent "clipboard".  In fact, I would argue it would be quite confusing if adding code to a VI changed these settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,648 Views)

Yup expected behavior.  If you wanted to share a VI then share that VI not the snippet.  But to be fair a VI is embedded in the PNG file so I'd be interested if the extracted VI contained these properties from the original VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,642 Views)

@ RavensFan

What is the property of the VI you are dropping the snippet into BEFORE you drop the snippet into it? 

A snippet is a portion of code, it isn't a VI in itself, so I wouldn't expect it to carry along VI properties.

Indeed, you are absolutely right.

I had not thought of this way of seeing things.

applause.gif  +1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,607 Views)