LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart bits

Hi,

could any one point me to any labview code for Smart bits 200?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,372 Views)

Hi gembo,

We don't currently have any example code that is directly related to the SMB-200 that I can direct you to. Also, I'm not very familiar with that device, how would information be passed between the LabVIEW program and that device? Does it use a serial connection? USB, or GPIB? Or perhaps something else entirely? Some general information about your application would also be helpful, that way I could point you to some example code that you could modify to directly interact with your device.

Thank you.

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,347 Views)

It can be controlled via the internet (meaning it has a web browser), or it can be controlled via RS-232. For the former you'd need to send GET or POST commands (you'd need to check the documentation). You can do this via the Internet Toolkit, or you can search the forums for examples on how to do it on your own. For the latter, you'd need to use VISA, and there are shipping examples on how to use VISA to control an instrument over the serial port. There are also tons and tons of discussions on communicating with devices over the serial port.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,331 Views)