LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skype error 97

I am working on adding some functionalities in a project. One of my task is to add Skype integration into the application. The LabVIEW application should be able to send messages to the projects users with Skype account. I had downloaded the SkypeSDK (not the one by the Skype developers but the one developed for LabVIEW). The problem is that when I run SkypeSDK_SendMessage.vi it gives Error code 97 and displays this message in the souce field "Unknown System Error in SkypeSDK_SendMessage.vi". What could be the problem? Can this vi run alone? or does it need some other vi to be run before it?
Suggestions are urgently required.
Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,370 Views)

Hi rashid19672008,

i tested it on my pc and i think this vi can not run allone, because it needs the client refnum which was generate in "SkypeSDK_Start.vi". But with using the "SkypeExemple_SendMessage.vi" it works fine.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 02-26-2008 01:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,333 Views)
I'll be intereted in this one.  That's one of my upcoming projects.  I'll look for the Skype_SDK.  I thought it was all proprietary stuff... Humm...  🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,319 Views)

Have you looked at this thread?

Dennis mentions sopmething I suspected about Skype.  The reason for proprietary code is because they make revenue from that software.  I'm sure they don't want people to find backdoors for free services when calling non-Skype numbers.  It's an impressively clean (sound) service.. 

To quote Dennis: "Skype uses a proprietary protocol but everyone else seems to moving to an open source protocol called SIP (http://www.sipfoundry.org/). " 

I'm not familiar with SIP or sipfouindary, but may be worth investigating.

Hope this helps,

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,303 Views)
Dear MikeS81!
Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right. I later found out that this was only a subvi. The top level vi that integrates the complete functionality is called SkypeExample_SendMessage.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,288 Views)
Dear JoeLabView!
Thanks for the reply.
The Skype_SDK (the one consisting of LabVIEW vi's) are completely free (thanks to the developer).
Message 6 of 8
(3,286 Views)

Thanks rashid,

Found the SDK from Eran Herman on the community forum.

Wow..  this will most certainly be interesting.  😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,280 Views)
Thank you JoeLabView (for being so thankful). Actually I am thankful to the NI for hosting such a useful forum and next to guys like you who are always there with somr excellent suggestions.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,266 Views)