LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single sign on with web services

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a set of simple web services that implement HTTP methods and I have enabled NI Auth on each of them with the same permissions.  I can call each individually and I receive the expected login box, however I want to be able to implement single sign-on.  This will allow my users to (for example) login to the server once to view a loaded schedule, then submit a schedule item, then view the schedule again all while only logging in once.  I am using LV2010 SP1.  Any help or guidance is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,506 Views)

In LabVIEW, did you try to use Tools --> Import --> Webservice?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,504 Views)

I looked at that option and it seems like that is to import a WSDL from an external web service if I wanted to say interface to an external webservice with Labview as the client. In my application I am seting up the web services in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kyjohnso

So you want to be able to integrate the login functionality into your web application? Or are you relying on the NI login page to login? The NI login page should set the login cookie in the browser on a successful login. You could potentially retrieve this cookie and use it for subsequent requests. 

Message 4 of 5
(2,486 Views)

Yes, I want to be able to log in once and then call several web services during that login session without having to login again.  The test VIs that I wrote to test this created a new http session for each vi.  When I used the "does session exist" vi, I get the behaviour I want.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,472 Views)