LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneausly Reading writing

I wrote a LabVIEW program for measuring the temperatures for the three thermocouples. The data’s is being saved on the screen. The LABVIEW should run for a day. But I’d like to see the data’s in the meanwhile. For example after 1 hour I need to open the data’s from the notepad in the other program such as MATLAB.

But how can I change the LABVIEW in order to see the data’s while it is reading !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,598 Views)
Just create a copy of it and try to do analyze in whatever method you want with available data

May be answer looks funny
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,588 Views)

A screen is not permanent and thus unsuitable for saving data. Do you also stream it to disk?

If the data in in an array indicator, graph, or table (or similar), you can right-click the control and export to (clipboard, table, excel). Try it!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,585 Views)

I'd advise doing a producer consumer loop with a Message(string) and the Data (variant). Have your data writing to the disk and then when you want to open your file, accumulate the data using queues and do a save as function somewhere else and then when it's done, start writing data back to the original file location.

You won't see on-the-fly results but it might just work for what your wanting to do.

Edit: Opps - I didn't see altenbach's response. That my work too!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,582 Views)

Ugh, a pet peeve of mine.  "Data" is already plural!  It's the plural of "datum".  There's no such thing as "datas".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 5
(2,539 Views)