cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation VIs and functions

Solved!
Go to solution

With Regards;

The LabView that I am using works on a computer that has Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit) installed. I was doing a control design and I notice that some of the functions in simulation don't work. Does this mean that because of the operating system that is installed on this computer there is no solution to this problem. The LabView used is the professional Development System version. Million thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,878 Views)

Hi, 

I have same OS in my system, will you list name of the functions or post a VI. I can try it for you.

Regards,

Kunal Raithatha. 

CLAD-CTD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,874 Views)

What do you mean by "don't work"? Do they crash, give incorrect results, are not in the palettes, etc. No matter what, the OS has probably nothing to do with it. Why do you think it does?

LabVIEW professional does not include the control desing and simulation module. Could it be you were using it in evaluation mode and the evaluation period has now expired?

Open the license manager to see what you have.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,861 Views)

Knights are awake at this time....even PST Smiley Happy 

Appreciated. 

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,857 Views)

For example, almost all the functions in signal generator, plus gain and the other two within the same block, and probably more. When I looked for the solution in NI's website then I read that some of the functions may not work because of the OS, but I couldn't find or locate any more details.

Really appreciate your response.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,842 Views)

I forgot to mention this, the icons are there but when you click on them and you want add it to your design its not there, you kind of see like a black small circle (like traffic sign).

Thanx Again

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,839 Views)

Can you show a screenshot?

Message 7 of 9
(2,837 Views)

@hmee wrote:

I forgot to mention this, the icons are there but when you click on them and you want add it to your design its not there, you kind of see like a black small circle (like traffic sign).

Thanx Again

Now that you've described what you are seeing, we can help you. You cannot drop Simulation blocks on a regular LabVIEW diagram. These blocks can only be dropped on a simulation diagram. This means you can drop them on the diagram of a Control Design and Simulation loop or the diagram of a subsystem VI. Rather than just jumping in and trying to use a complex software package, I suggest you take a small amount of time to read some documentation that will help you get started. http://www.ni.com/labview/cd-sim/

Message 8 of 9
(2,822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by hmee

Just try the VI I have attached with this. It works for me and I am having the same config as you have.

As dbohls said, you might have forgotten to put Simulationl loop. I hope this helps. 

If you think your problem is resolved..... Mark as a Solution.....You might want to give Kudos to people in this thread who helped you Smiley Wink

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.

more reply back.
Download All
Message 9 of 9
(2,802 Views)