LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show hidden controls and indicators

Hi all,

i have a problem with some controls and indicators i just click right and i press show control or indicator but when i run the VI they hide again .

Any help please

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,006 Views)

This means there is something in your code that actively hides them (e.g. property nodes). Since you did not show us any code, we cannot tell. If you can't figure it out, attach your VI and tell us which controls are giving you trouble.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,002 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,001 Views)

Hi ,

sorry i can't share the VI it's confidential but i check my property nodes and it's visible for all controls so any other ideas please to this problem .

PS : i'm using these controls in a event case as value change

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,939 Views)

In your picture, you are setting all these Visible properties to TRUE manually, which implies that you are setting them explicitly to FALSE somewhere else.  I don't have a Magic 8-ball like some people here, but I'm willing to make a guess that sometimes that comparison is FALSE and stays that way so they never become visible again.

For all I know, the code that sets them to FALSE is inside the case structure, itself.  But I'll never know, because you just uploaded a picture and not the VI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,924 Views)

thanks for the response ,this is the subVI 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,919 Views)

Thanks for showing us your code.  It really helps!  Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything really wrong with it programmatically.  You should look at the various evaluations you use to determine which case fires for each case structure.  Maybe one or more are incorrect, or maybe the incoming data to be evaluated is not what you are expecting.

It's not going to be easy.  I wrestle with this kind of stuff from time to time, and there's no substitute for getting your hands dirty digging into the code.  It seems that the code is pretty well organized, from what I can see, so hopefully it's not so daunting a task.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,910 Views)

@ahmedkochbati92 wrote:

Does that breakpoint fire?

Set a breakpoint on the entire VI so that you can watch it execute. If it is being invoked from someplace in your code that you do not expect...

Please note that when a VI hits a breakpoint the "Font Dialog Dropdown" turns into a call chain indicator that you can use to figure where the VI is being called from in the application.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 13
(2,903 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@ahmedkochbati92 wrote:

Does that breakpoint fire?

Set a breakpoint on the entire VI so that you can watch it execute. If it is being invoked from someplace in your code that you do not expect...

Please note that when a VI hits a breakpoint the "Font Dialog Dropdown" turns into a call chain indicator that you can use to figure where the VI is being called from in the application.

Ben

Really!!?  I never knew that!!!  Thanks for the insight.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,898 Views)

?  it posted to the wrong place

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,896 Views)