cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show graph that is created in a subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody!

I'm dealing with exactly the same issue as Hong (I'm using LabVIEW 7.1 for legacy drivers-related compatibility issues). Has anyone manage to find the equivalent to step (6) for older LabVIEW versions? If so, how? Thank you!

Regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(2,046 Views)

@mysticfree wrote:

6) Next, I created a VI server reference by selecting "Programming" "application control" "VI server reference".  Right clicked on the "Server Reference" and choose "Link to" "Pane" "Waveform plot"

Message Edited by mysticfree on 03-15-2008 11:32 AM

I am using LabVIEW 7.1 and I cannot find VI Server Reference... any piece of advice, Mysticfree? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(2,043 Views)

Hi montealeku, 

Have you tried using a Global Variable instead. I believe this would be a work around for 7.1.

Regards,

Josh

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(2,007 Views)

Hi, i have a similar problem but trying to display an image using a grab with IMAQdx, i also have a while loop and it seems to be the same probem as the wavformchart. Do you think i could use the same solution. My VI works great as a VI, but when i use it as a subVI and just using terminal for th display image it doesn't show any image..:(

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(1,954 Views)

Hi kanogui,

If you are using Vision 7.0 please refer to the knowledgebase below for one possible solution. You should also try the other suggestions on this forum, they may help.

Updating an Image Display Control from a SubVI with Vision 7.0
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB5517DAE3D549C486256DDC0001D8B4?OpenDocument

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(1,941 Views)

Thanks, it helps me for the moment 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(1,935 Views)

Hello everyone,

I was following the procedure described by mysticfree at the beginning of this topic for displaying a subVI plot in the main VI.

I would like to do this in a nested fashion: Main VI runs a subVI called sub_A. sub_A runs another subvi called sub_B in it. sub_B generates a plot. I would like to display this plot in my main VI.

I tried to apply the same principle to this problem but sub_A does not send the plotting information to mainVI until subB is completed.

I will appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem.

I attached the VI's.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,844 Views)

Hi Sezhesta, 

If you open all your code and run the main, you can see it updates the level 3 VI and the level 2 VI at the same time, but not the main level 1 VI. This is because you are passing the reference from the main level graph to the sub VI and then creating a new reference to the level 2 graph and passing that into the level 3 VI to update. 

Additionally, most of the flat sequence structures you are using are not doing anything, you may want to look into the dataflow paradigm, I've attached a DevZone tutorial below, please let me know if you have any other questions. 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7538/en

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,823 Views)

Hi Nathanael,

Thank you for the modifications and the comments about the flat sequence usage.

I am wondering what the item named "Graph SUB 2" performs in this modified subVI that you posted. I am using LabVIEW 11 and I cannot open the png for some reason.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,814 Views)

Hi Sezhesta, 

The Graph Sub 2 is the reference to the level 2 VI's graph. It is unnecessary and can be deleted. LV2011 file is attached. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,804 Views)