LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show excel rows dynamically

I have an application which is almost complete.  The only issue left to deal with is more of an asthetic one than anything.  Currently, I am using ActiveX to open an excel object on the front panel and populate it with the contents of a previously generated template.  Then I add the contents of two arrays (elements selected from two periodic tables) and I input some additional numeric values.  Here's the issue.  Currently, I have 30 rows in the template; therefore there are 30 rows by default dispplayed on my front panel.  I know that a more elegant solution would be to display only as many rows as there are elements selected.  So I can get the array size and then I want to display only that number of rows in the excel spreadsheet.  I have done this with arrays (with the help of an open G vi) but I don;t know how to do it with this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,458 Views)

Hi,

Can you please post a screenshot of your VI or your VI itself. That would help a lot in terms of answering your question. Thanks!

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,434 Views)
Sorry for not having posted code or screeen shots originally.  It's quite a complex app with a lot of sub VIs.  The good news is, I solved it!  I got the array size, added that value to an offset to allow for headers, converted the number to a decimal string, concatenated that with a string constant representing the column letter, and passed that value to a Worksheet Range Invoke node as the cell 2 value.  Sounds ugly, but it's fairly elegant and very robust.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,428 Views)

Glad to hear that!

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,413 Views)