From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up a CompactRIO - the LabVIEW real-time module does not appear

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear NI,

I am trying to set up a CompactRIO (cRIO-9054).

I am using 32 bit LabVIEW 2017 SP 1

My issue is that when I get the stage in Max to install software, the LabVIEW real-time module does not appear in the list of software that I can install, and everything depends on the LabVIEW real-time module so I can't install anything.

When I try to install NI-RIO 19.6 I get the error message:
"NI-RIO 19.6 requires LabVIEW Real-Time 14.0"
"Possible reason: The feature's Real-Time support for this target type may not be installed"

My reasoning is that the LabVIEW real-time module should appear in the list of software that I can install and the dependencies should automatically include it when i choose to install NI-RIO 19.6

Here are some details of what I did.

At first I used an existing installation of LabVIEW that I had installed LabVIEW softmotion, LabVIEW real-time module, LabVIEW FPGA module, and the NI CompactRIO Drivers.

There were several other modules installed, namely:
gpower
mgi
openg
Nidaq1760f
NI-Motion
Ni-Visa 18.5
VAS1800
Cambridge SDK

I used Max to install firmware where I was directed and used the file "cRIO-9054_7.1.0.cfg"
I read online that the correct firmware should be found there.
Is this the Correct File/Version? I can't see where the firmware versions are mention on NI.com.

When I used MAX I encountered the problem mentioned above

I tried reinstalling LabView Real-Time module, re installing the NI CompactRIO Drivers and had the same problem.

So, I tried un installing LabVIEW and installing everything again

To uninstall, I used the Package manager where i selected everything except for the package manager and uninstalled everything there.

I then went to control panel -> uninstall programs and uninstalled Cambridge SDK, all IVI programs, and all VISA programs.
I un-instaled the package manager.
I rebooted

I then deleted the National Instruments folder in "Program Files (x86)"

I Followed the directions on this page:
http://www.ni.com/getting-started/install-software/compactrio

And installed, in this order:
LabVIEW Full Development System 2017 SP1
LabVIEW Real-Time Module for LabView 2017
LabVIEW FPGA Module for LabView 2017 SP1
NI CompactRIO Device Drivers (file ni-compactrio-device-drivers_19.6.0.49154-0+f2_offline)

I then went back to Max and found that it had remembered my CompactRIO device (it was shown in the list of remote systems even though it wasn't plugged in).

I connected CompactRIO and went to software, and experienced the same problem as above.

Please can you help me out?

Thanks,
Cameron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,520 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CameronFromPerth

Hello Cameron,

The cRIO-9054 is one of our newest products in the CompactRIO field, and therefore requires LabVIEW 2018 or higher.

You can find more information here: Software Support for CompactRIO, CompactDAQ, Single-Board RIO, R Series, and EtherCAT and cRIO-9054 Controller Manual 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,458 Views)

Thanks Oscar

I was able to get passed that issue by installing LabVIEW 2019

Cheers,

Cameron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,442 Views)