LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set all controls

Problem: There is a 'get ctrl value', and there is a 'get all controls values' under the methods for a VI reference.  There is a 'set ctrl value', but no 'set all control values'.  Is there an easy way to set all the controls??

Description:  I have a control panel for a device, some "macros" or "fuctions" need to be performed which require a special setup.  I would like to get the state of all the controls +50, then use the macro or function, then restore all the controls to their previous state.

Request: How can I easily have all the controls set to their original settings before the subvi ran?  I could do this by wiring the 'get all controls values' from the beginning of the macro, to the set all controls at the end of the macro.  But there doesn't seem to be a set all controls.  Any help?

-Regards

eximo

"I had rather be right than be president" -Henry Clay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,988 Views)

This one is easy if you're using OpenG.  OpenG has a Write Panel to INI, and Read Panel from INI in the Varient package.  You run it and it will make an INI file with all the values from all controls on the front panel.  Then you run the Read Panel and it will set all the controls to the values from that INI file (that can also be edited manuall).

To get OpenG first get VIPM  http://jki.net/vipm

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,984 Views)