LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set PID gains programmatically

Hi all!

Is there a way to set the PID gains programmatically? I don't need to find the correct values. I already know them. The thing is that every time the system restarts, it seems to reset the parameters entered in MAX. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,537 Views)

could you indicate what hardware are you using, and the code you are using?

i cant understand the problem exactly 😉

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,531 Views)

@SomeGuy wrote:

Hi all!

Is there a way to set the PID gains programmatically? I don't need to find the correct values. I already know them. The thing is that every time the system restarts, it seems to reset the parameters entered in MAX. Thanks in advance.

How you are entering the PID values in MAX I don't understand the relation. If you want to give the value to the PID module through code you can do so by writing it to a file and reading to the PID values so even when you restart the value will be stored into the file. Please explain a bit more to get the required solution.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,523 Views)

Sorry, my question was stupid. What I actually should''ve asked is: How do I get MAX to save my settings? When in MAX, I go to Calibration > Servo Tune > Control Loop tab. When I edit the settings there, the changes don't persist beyond a restart of the computer. Why is that and how can I actually save them?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,486 Views)

and you don't have a "save" or "save to all axis" button?

What hardware are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,478 Views)

Yes, there is a save button. Two, actually. "Apply" and "Apply all". I just found out that the settings do in fact stay in MAX, but they aren't applied automatically. So everytime the system starts, the device shows its "default" behavior. So I need to open MAX and press "Apply all".

The computer has a PCI-7344 4-Axis Stepper/Servo Controller card. The axes are Steinmeyer OFD axes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,475 Views)