cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial port read on WinCE 4.2

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!
Ive an project, in that i need to read the COM port on Windows CE. Can i do executeables bulit on Win7 with LV2011, that will work on the target devic with WinCE op. system? I am new in this task. What should i need to do on the target device, and how should i need to build the exe or installer on the developer PC? Will VISA work on CE?
Thank you for your helpness and your answer!
Regards,

Gabor M.

Gabor M.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,700 Views)

You need to purchase/install the LabVIEW Mobile Module. These two links should answer all your questions:

Getting Started with the LabVIEW Mobile Module

LabVIEW 2011 Mobile Module Readme

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,691 Views)

Thank you for your answer. But shal i ask more?
I dont understand really. On the target PC what should i need to install to run an exe? Runtime, or mobile/pda module? And on the developer PC i need to build a project with mobile or touch panel wizard?
Thanks!

Gabor M.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,676 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MGabor

Sure. You don't need to install anything on the target. Microsoft ActiveSync will take care of everything. You can download an evaluation version of the module, install it on the host PC to see how the whole thing works.

On the host PC, you just need to build a VI using the LabVIEW Mobile Module and then just build it like you would build a normal exe. Give it all a shot and read the manuals linked above; it should become clear soon.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,672 Views)

Thank you for your fast answer! The target device will be a computer with Win CE 4.2. Later, we need to install the same program on 150 other computers like the first target PC. Shall i need to buy licence-s for all target device or only the developer pc? But i think, because you said i dont need to install anything on the target, than i dont need to...But i see in the purchase list prices for 10, 100 or unlimited Qty licences for the mobile module. Can you make this clear to me?
Thank you!

Gabor M.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,668 Views)