From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -201003 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Temperature-Thermocouple).vi:4

I get this error when using the NI USB-TC01 LabVIEW Temperature Logger and a J type thermocouple.

So I tried creating my own VI, the daq assistant gives me a correct reading but only for 1 sample. If I try to change to continous or N samples it will then give me this error:

Error -200077 occurred at DAQ
Assistant

Possible Reason(s):

Requested value
is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid
because it conflicts with another property.

Property:
SampTimingType
Requested Value: Sample Clock
You Can Select:
On Demand

What Is the problem?? I need to get a continous reading that I can use through a VI to get an excel file with  the data. I also need it to be continous so I can manipulate the sampling rate.

By the way I also tried using the device on other computers and it still gives the same problem.

Julian Sanchez

Mechanical Engineering Student - University of Central Florida

Research Intern | CASER

C. 407.744.4174 | E. julians2009@knights.ucf.edu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,112 Views)

The device doesn't have an internatl clock, so you can't collect multiple signals at a time.  You need to use the 1 sample (on demand) setting.  You need to put that in a loop if you want to repeatedly sample the temperature.  Use a wait statement in the loop with whatever delay you want to get software timing of your data acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,108 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I am new to LabVIEW and I am not sure how to do what you explained. The DAQ assistant has a "number of samples" when you drag the bottom; is that where I need to create the loop??

What is the maximum # of samples per second that I can get with this device?? That is my ultimate goal with this experiment, to be able to get the most readings per second.

Julian Sanchez

Mechanical Engineering Student - University of Central Florida

Research Intern | CASER

C. 407.744.4174 | E. julians2009@knights.ucf.edu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,091 Views)

You put a while loop around the DAQ Assistant. But since you said you don't know how to do what I said, I suggest looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,082 Views)