From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sequence structure replacement

thanks!

The rest could probably be removed if you used the Error Cluster to force sequential execution like you are supposed to do.

this does not make sense to me.. do you have an example?

have a nice weekend

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(805 Views)

Have a look at this NI newsletter.  It covers the overuse of stacked and sequence frame structures and how to replace them.

Message 12 of 25
(799 Views)

@idjuven1 wrote:

thanks!

The rest could probably be removed if you used the Error Cluster to force sequential execution like you are supposed to do.

this does not make sense to me.. do you have an example?

have a nice weekend

Here's an example...

sqqCapture.PNG 

The error cluster forces sequential execution because of DATA FLOW!

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 13 of 25
(791 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

Have a look at this NI newsletter.  It covers the overuse of stacked and sequence frame structures and how to replace them.

Even one SSS or FSS is overuse...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(760 Views)

thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(751 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I  (mildly) disagree -- one sometimes needs to "tie" a Timing function (such as Wait, or Clock Read) to a specific point in the code, often between two functions connected by an Error Line.  "Wrapping" the Time function in a single Frame Sequence and forcing the Error Wire to "tunnel" at least into the Frame is an "obvious" and "intuitive" way to say "Do this now".

Bob Schor

Message 16 of 25
(740 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I  (mildly) disagree -- one sometimes needs to "tie" a Timing function (such as Wait, or Clock Read) to a specific point in the code, often between two functions connected by an Error Line.  "Wrapping" the Time function in a single Frame Sequence and forcing the Error Wire to "tunnel" at least into the Frame is an "obvious" and "intuitive" way to say "Do this now".

Sure, but a sub VI would be a better option. Or a case structure, so the wait is skipped when there is an error. I use them (rarely), but usually they get refactored out sooner or later.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(733 Views)

Agree 100%.  My "Delay (ms)" function follows me around "like a little puppy" (quick, who says that?).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(729 Views)

@Bob_Schor

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Agree 100%.  My "Delay (ms)" function follows me around "like a little puppy" (quick, who says that?).

Even that google will find (first hit at the moment).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(726 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Agree 100%.  My "Delay (ms)" function follows me around "like a little puppy"

Not really needed now since LabVIEW 2017 with the introduction of the Stall Data Flow.vim.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(713 Views)