LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending HEX code

I want to send a fixed HEX code without indicating it in front panel. It is just by a switch the hex data is send. The front panel HEX indicator should not be visible. How to do it.?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,685 Views)

You need to be much more specific.

• What is HEX code? (e.g. hexadecimally formatted string consisting of the characters 0..F, binary string, U8 arrays, etc.) 
  • What is "send"? Send to where? What data format does the receiver expect?
  • What does an indicator have to do with all that? An indicator is just a purely cosmetic feature that allows you to see the data in a wire on the front panel formatted in a convenient way. It has no influence of the underlying data in the wire). If you don't need the indicator, just delete it!

It usually helps if you could attach a simplified VI containing typical data in controls as default values.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,670 Views)

You could use a numeric constant (which only appears on the Block Diagram, and whose Display Format you could set as Hexadecimal) or a Numeric Control on the Front Panel that you make "invisible" (by finding the Control on the Block Diagram and choosing the right-click option "Hide Control").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,650 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

You could use a numeric constant (which only appears on the Block Diagram, and whose Display Format you could set as Hexadecimal) or a Numeric Control on the Front Panel that you make "invisible" (by finding the Control on the Block Diagram and choosing the right-click option "Hide Control").

I thought he was talking about an indicator (data sink). A diagram constant is a replacement for a control (data source). (...of course if the code is peppered with local variables, the distinction is a bit more blurred :D)

I guess we need to wait for more details on what the actual problem is and where the data is coming from. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,641 Views)