From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

semi transparent chart

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to achieve something similar to this with a graph/chart in LabVIEW:

I am mainly interested in the semi-transparent fills. From some googling I have found that LabVIEW native charts are not capable of this, however is there any free .NET or other LabVIEW-embeddable alternative that is capable of this? I would like to use it for real-time plotting of acquired data (~256 Hz/channel typical, 1024 Hz/channel max, 4 channels typical, 8 channels max, with ~30 fps refresh rate on Windows)

(Or is it possible to move some plots behind the grids in native charts?)

Thanks

(3,805 Views)

Not in native LabVIEW, no. You could look into a .NET library as you suggested. Try starting here: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/new-asp-net-charting-control-lt-asp-chart-runat-quot-server-quot-gt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,756 Views)

Hello,

Check this links:

Windows 8 UI Style

Explore the Environment with myRIO Quadcopter

If you have time and skill you may crate some nice looking interfaces

Guilherme Correa
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,735 Views)

I have and you can create his effect by coloring the chart background to the FP background color.

Additionally, the Graph background is actually a picture control - which means you can display anything, including moving images behind a graph.

.NET plugs often give quirky results, such as phantom graphic artifacts, slow refrest time and stale data displayed.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

Message 4 of 4
(3,709 Views)