LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select a date on .NET month calendar

Solved!
Go to solution

Attach is LabVIEW 2018 SP1 (32-bit) application in which a set of dates in boldface on a .NET month calendar are created for a user to select. However, I can only select the last date. How do I fix this problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(1,702 Views)

There is a pure G version of calendar:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\resource\dialog\picktime.vi"

Maybe easier to work with.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(1,682 Views)

Thanks for your help, George,

I'm afraid "picktime.vi" {see attachment} is not helpful!

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\resource\dialog\picktime.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(1,650 Views)

It's not displaying the selected date.

I changed it a little bit to show the date.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(1,631 Views)

cha@bellflight.com wrote:

Thanks for your help, George,

I'm afraid "picktime.vi" {see attachment} is not helpful!

How is it not helpful?

If something is wrong or different from what you expect, you need to explain the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(1,611 Views)

Hello George & RavensFan,

I made some minor modifications to George's "picktime.vi" and named it "picktime_v01.vi".

Then, I ran "2020_10_09_NET_Month_Calendar_LV2018SP1_v01.vi" - an updated version of "2020_10_09_NET_Month_Calendar_LV2018SP1.vi"- but it only processed the first selected date. Why ?

Also, how do I make (4) selected dates in boldface ?

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(1,576 Views)

how do I make (4) selected dates in boldface ?

I know you probably need that.  So I've already put it on the mouse up, key up event.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(1,572 Views)

Hello George,

The selected dates are random. I can't MANUALLY use {"Date": Mouse Up; "Date": Key Up} event.

In my previous .NET calendar application, the randomly selected dates are automatically boldfaced.

Also, I notice only the first selected date is processed by "picktime_v01.vi". What has happened to the other (3) selected dates?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(1,536 Views)

What do you mean by MANUALLY  in "I can't MANUALLY use {"Date": Mouse Up; "Date": Key Up} event." ?

The event isn't for a specific date.  It's for any date you select on the calendar.

Actually, the best place to set bold font is in the  "Display Calendar" case.

Obviously, this VI is designed for user to select ONE day at a time, not multiple dates.

You can add an extra button, e.g. Select, for multiple selection.

Each time user click Select button, you add the active date to the output list.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(1,530 Views)

Hello George,

In my application, a list of specific dates for a particular month are populated on the calendar in boldface. Each date corresponds to its own database a user will retrieve for analysis.

For illustration, the attached JPG shows the month of October 2016 that has (3) dates in boldface, i.e., 11, 18, and 24. The date, 24, is also highlighted since it is selected. It displays a database of "Record #, Data Type, and Start Time". The illustration screenshots a Windows application written in C++, and I am trying to do it in LabVIEW.

I have to think about adding an extra SELCT button for multiple dates.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(1,523 Views)