LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO cannot handle Daylight Savings Time?

I have a sbRIO 9632. I have set the timezone and Current Date and Time.

When I display the current time in a timestamp indicator, it is correct.

When I use the Format Date/Time String function, the time is lagging by one hour.

I checked and the DST bit is reported as 0 when it's 1 on my PC. It's the middle of July, so it has nothing to do with the change in DST rules.

If I look in MAX, the System Settings tab has a check in the checkbox for daylight savings time (although it is greyed out).

Does this mean that DST is not supported by the sbRIO (VxWorks)? Or is it a bug?

Does anyone know of a workaround that is not a pain?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,528 Views)

Hi 10Things,

Is it the correct time when shown in a timestamp indicator, but incorrect when put through the Format Date/Time String function? In other words, is the format VI changing the time?

Also, have you tried using the RT Set Date and Time VI to set the time to what you want?

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,508 Views)

"Is it the correct time when shown in a timestamp indicator, but incorrect when put through the Format Date/Time String function?"

Yes.

"In other words, is the format VI changing the time?"

Yes.

"Also, have you tried using the RT Set Date and Time VI to set the time to what you want?"

Yes. It does set the time - the timestamp indicator shows the time that I set. However, the formatted string shows the time less one hour still.

-- Rob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,490 Views)

Does this hour difference show up with any timestamp that you convert using Format Date/Time String? Try simply creating a timestamp constant of, say 3:00, and see if this shows as a string with 3:00 or 2:00.

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,478 Views)