LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbRIO 9607 does not appear in NI MAX

Hi,

I have sbRIO 9607 with LabVIEW 2019 (with windows 10). I already install the FPGA and real time modules with the compactrio device driver. My problem is when I connect the sbRIO to my computer, it doesn't shown in NI MAX. The remote system is blank. I try troubleshoot using right click and select "Troubleshoot Remote System Discovery" but still not working. What is the problem?

Thank you

Download All
Message 1 of 26
(4,070 Views)

Hi,  pattern!

Did you check cable connection to sbRIO (LED's on sbRIO are blinking)? Do you connect through Ethernet switch or do you have direct connection to sbRIO? Do you know sbRIO's IP address (if yes, try to ping it using command prompt)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,032 Views)

Hi Sam, 

The LED on sbrio shows green color. 

I tried both, using ethernet cable & usb. But get the same problem.

How to ping the ip address? I tried in ni max but get an error as shown in the figure (,previous post). 

Message 3 of 26
(3,990 Views)

I have successfully ping the ip address using command prompt. But there is no sbrio device under remote system in NI MAX. How to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,953 Views)

Hi, pattern!

Looks like your sbRIO has a Link-local IP address. You can try to set your computer's network adapter to link-local IP address too, and then check Remote systems in MAX again.

You can also follow  procedures from this knowledge base article (especcially Additional Information section).

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P70YSAS&l=en-US

Hope this will help. Please check it and drop a message about updates.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(3,942 Views)

Update: I follow this link http://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/compactrio/first-use

After ping the ip address, I add manually the sbrio using NI MAX. Unfortunately, I get an error as per attachment. I have check the compatibility of the LabVIEW version with all the modules and sbrio 9607. No issues. Anyone please help to solve this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,940 Views)

Hi Sam,

I followed the given link. I set my computer's network adapter to link-local IP address same as the sbrio. But, again the device still not appear under remote system in NI MAX. Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,935 Views)

Looks like you've changed IP address of your PC's wireless adapter. However, I suppose, that you are connecting to sbRIO using Ethernet adapter. Please, check.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,928 Views)

Hi Sam,

I have change the ip address for the Ethernet adapter. Then, I try to add manually the sbrio in NI MAX. But, now I get an error saying that " The device at this address is not supported by the drivers installed in this host". Is that mean I wrongly installed the compactRIO device driver for the sbrio? If yes, what is right version for sbrio9607 device drivers? Because, the previous debug process have said that all modules and drivers are installed and compatible with LabVIEW 2019.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(3,908 Views)

Hi, pattern!

Yes, it looks like you have wrong version of NI CompactRIO drivers installed, or installation may be corrupted. Please, check your drivers version compatibility prior to this article: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/10622/en/

If everything is OK with the version, try to reinstall NI CompactRIO drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(3,900 Views)