LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same knobs(also set in same width and height) in front panel, but different appearence

Solved!
Go to solution

hi guys.

I am experiencing a new issue and need your help.

In my front panel, I am using some knobs, and also I set them in same size(same height and width). 

but the interesting thing is that they all have different appearence. please look at the screenshot pic attached, if you look at each red line box, the grey areas are in different shape, some are in round circles, but others just like eggs , they are also in different sizes.

I am not sure if someone met the same issue before, I appreciate if you can share your good experience on issue solving.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,197 Views)

If you right-click the control, go to "Advanced", then select "Customize", it will open the control by itself in another window.  If you then click the wrench icon in the toolbar or press Control-M, you'll go into an edit mode where you can adjust the size of the circles.  You should be able to fix it there.

Or, is there anything stopping you from taking the one that has the appearance that you like, copy-pasting it a few times, and replacing the ones that are weird with copies of the normal on?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,188 Views)

thank you Kyle, I tried the way you suggested, but it shows that the small circle size is not allowed to be adjusted, but I can use mouse to adjust the size, to be honest, this can resolve my issue, but I couldn't not make them in 100% same size by this way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,165 Views)

just an update on the issue , resolved with replacing a new knob.

but I am still appreciate if someone can tell me another way to resize the circle.

by replacing a new knob, there are a lot format changes need to be done and text labels to be added , this is an easy but has a lot effort.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,158 Views)

If you go into Advanced >> Customize control, there are two different edit modes in there.  Maybe you entered the one that didn't allow you to do it, but didn't know about the other.

If you click on the wrench that is to the left side of the toolbar, it changes to a pair of tweezers, this opens a deeper level of edit that lets you customize the individual pieces of the control.

Also, if you go to the menu Window >> Show Parts Window, it will change the editor to the "tweezer" mode.  The Parts window shows you all of those pieces you can select from and change properties of (top, left, height, width).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,154 Views)

tried, but still not can be edited while in edit mode(wrench changed to tweezer), just make it clear, I am saying the very small circle in grey, not the icon of the knob. see attached.

anyway, I fixed the issue with replacing a new one, thank you all for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,097 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Powerdou

Did you hover over that circle and see that the the resize handles appeared?

And did you try the other thing I said which was to go to Window >> Show Parts window?

I know they work because I did it.  Here are some screen shots to guide you.  I think you just didn't go far enough.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,089 Views)

Raven,

thank you for your help, see below for my apprcoches

1, edit mode, select the grey circle, and resize it by resize the object>>>>set width and height, doesn't work; 

2, edit mode, select the grey circle, and resize it by mouse, yes, it works, but the issue is I can not make sure all the grey circles are in same size.

3,the second way by showing parts window, this works great!

thank you for your great help!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,084 Views)