LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sUnknown error

Hi guys,
Do you know why i've got sUnknown error enclosed in picture during building this:
for Palm OS PDA ?
LV7.0f1 with PDA for Palm OS and Palm OS SDK installed, BitVirtSerOpen.c added during building process.
Rumcajs.
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,271 Views)
Hey, I am not finding much info on this.  Can zip your files and post them?
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,198 Views)

This may be unrelated but you might also want to try this.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4027C3B3A8E4A49186256EBE007F1B72?OpenDocument

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,196 Views)
Here you are. Rumcajs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,140 Views)
Hey, actually, the build spec is what would be most useful.  Please post that.

Thanks!
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,084 Views)
  • PalmOS

• PalmOS does not provide automatic mapping between Bluetooth serial ports and virtual COM ports. Therefore a PalmOS application has to programmatically open the Bluetooth serial port. This can be done in LabVIEW PalmOS module with the attached VI "Bt Virtual Serial Port Init.vi".
    • The Bt Virtual Serial Port Init VI will open a PalmOS Bluetooth Virtual Serial Port as an outbound (client) or an inbound (server) serial port.
      When building this VI for PDA:
      1. Add the file BtVirtSerOpen.c into the build VIs list.
      2. Use the port number out as an input parameter to other LabVIEW PalmOS Serial I/O functions.
      3. For detailed error code information, refer to the attached BtVirtSerOpen.c.
      4. Note: The VI is built to work with the LabVIEW PalmOS Module 7.0 and PalmOS v3.5 or later with Bluetooth installed. In addition make sure you have the "Palm OS 5 SDK (68K) R3"  installed. The SDK contains Bluetooth APIs functions that are needed in order to compile the c file. The installer is available at the below link.

• Related Links:
    Download site -- PalmOS SDK: Version 5
    0 Kudos
    Message 6 of 12
    (8,024 Views)

Really no one is able to help?

Rumcajs.

0 Kudos
    Message 7 of 12
    (7,615 Views)

Hey, first I want to apologize for the long delay.  I believe there was a glitch in our system as it was down some over the holiday.  I looked more at your issue and I noticed that the article you posted said:

"Yes, LabVIEW PDA Module 7.1 and later supports Bluetooth communication on Palm OS 5.0 or later devices and Pocket PC 2003 devices with the WIDCOMM Bluetooth driver version 1.4 or later."

I also noticed that you posted:

"LV7.0f1 with PDA for Palm OS and Palm OS SDK installed, BitVirtSerOpen.c added during building process."

Are you attempting this with LabVIEW 7.0?  If so, this is not supported.

Also, the reason for the error is all PDA VIs are converted down to c before they are transfered to the PDA.  Obvisuosly, one of these files is not being transfered.  This may be because it is not supported.

Let me know!

Daniel Eaton
    National Instruments
    Systems Engineering
    0 Kudos
    Message 8 of 12
    (7,571 Views)
    Yes, I've got LV 7.0f1 PDA Palm OS, and the NOTE in article said:

Note: The VI is built to work with the LabVIEW PalmOS Module 7.0 and PalmOS v3.5 or later with Bluetooth installed. In addition make sure you have the "Palm OS 5 SDK (68K) R3"  installed. The SDK contains Bluetooth APIs functions that are needed in order to compile the c file. The installer is available at the below link.

This PDABtSerial.vi is not needed in LV PDA 7.1 cause LV PDA 7.1 has own bluetooth .vi supported bluetooth communication on PDA, additionally I'm able to open this PDABtSerial.vi in LV7.0 so it is created and intended for LV PDA 7.0
    Do you have LV PDA 7.0f1 ? If yes, please try to build it for PDA and tell me if you'll get the same error.
    Rumcajs.
    0 Kudos
    Message 9 of 12
    (7,565 Views)
    I am sorry but when do you get this error?  Do you get this when you try and run the VI or do you get it when you try to build an .exe?
    Daniel Eaton
    National Instruments
    Systems Engineering
    0 Kudos
    Message 10 of 12
    (7,542 Views)